December 11 2014
You either love or hate the holiday season but either way things can always get a wee bit stressful. We've put together a few short tips for a manageable holiday period.
1) Plan ahead. Personally we can't get enough of lists – present lists, food shopping lists, timetables, menus and lists of all your lists. If you're not a paper-using dinosaur you can try some online list makers. We like http://www.rememberthemilk.com/.
2) Enlist helper elves! If you're hosting a feast it's the time of year when there's family and friends visiting and lots of bodies on hand to help. Fit your little elves up with a glass of brandy in one hand and the other hand may (or may not depending on brandy consumption) be able to help you out.
3) Call time out. Everything getting too much? Delegate and slip off for some much needed 'me' time: http://www.happyfoot.hk
4) Cut corners. Who says you need to go to 100 shops for each person's present?! Find one or two where you can get something for everyone then spend the rest of your shopping trip pretending to be busy over a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie. We like Dymocks for the 'something for everyone' vibe http://www.dymocks.com.hk/.
5) Eat, drink and be merry. Hang on, this is meant to be your holiday too! Challenge your sister to a mince pie eating competition, drink your uncle under the table, wear your most outrageous Christmas jumper and dance like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7yAWpX1Mc
Peace out and happy holidays!